The Washington Center for the Performing Arts is the principal performing arts resource for the South Puget Sound region.
The Washington Center will:
- deliver diverse, affordable, high-quality performing arts programs;
- support the artistic interests of performing arts groups within the region;
- promote performing arts education in the south Puget Sound region for all age groups;
- maintain fair and equitable community access to the Washington Center Performing Arts facility;
- provide a well-maintained and contemporary performance center that is responsive to needs of audience and performer comfort, safety, and access;
- operate in a fiscally responsible manner and form supportive partnerships with government, corporations, businesses, foundations, and individuals;
- foster economic vitality, tourism and local development in the south Puget Sound region, and;
- provide opportunities for staff to develop to their full personal and professional potential.