- This event has passed.
Community Messiah Sing-Along
Please note the new day and date change!
Come to sing or come to listen to the annual Community Messiah Sing-Along at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts, downtown Olympia. This is a free and open to the public performance hosted by Student Orchestras of Greater Olympia (SOGO). Limited scores are available to borrow or purchase. Donations are gladly accepted.
Let the glory of Handel’s Messiah transport you from the cares of this world. Handel famously secluded himself for 23 days to create this inspirational work. Become part of a tradition stretching back hundreds of years as audiences of all ages come to listen or come to sing.
Youtube Video of Hallelujah being sung by the audience: https://youtu.be/pGBnBcurIwU
SOGO Website Messiah Sing-Along information: http://studentorchestras.org/?p=4026
SOGO Music Director and Conductor:
Lauren Zinke, soprano
Brianna Kramer, mezzo soprano
Dan Colgan, tenor
James Alviar, baritone
SOGO Conservatory Orchestra
Audience as choir!
Concert Program to include the following:
2. Comfort ye my people (No. 2, p. 7)*
3. Every valley (No. 3, p. 10)
4. Chorus – And the glory of the Lord (No. 4, p. 16)
5. Chorus – He shall purify (No. 7, p.36)
6. Behold a virgin (No. 8, p. 47)
7. Air & Chorus – O thou that tellest (No. 9, p. 47)
8. Chorus – For unto us a child is born (No. 12, p. 66)
9. Pastoral Symphony
10. There were shepherds (No. 14, p. 79)
11. And the angel said unto them (No. 15, p. 80)
12. And suddenly there was (No. 16, p. 81)
13. Chorus – Glory to God in the highest (No. 17, p. 82)
14. Rejoice greatly (No. 18, p. 87 )
15. Then shall the eyes (No. 21, p. 94)
16. He shall feed His flock (No. 20, p. 94)
17. Chorus – His yoke is easy (No. 21, p. 98)
18. Behold, I tell you a mystery (No. 47, p. 214)
19. The trumpet shall sound (No. 48, p. 214)
20. Chorus – Hallelujah (No. 44, p. 193)
* Schirmer Score
Distinguished Sponsor: R.L. Ray Violin Shop, LLC, PCS Structural Solutions, TwinStar Credit Union
Hosted by: Washington Center for the Performing Arts & SOGO