Below is a list of current job openings:
Please turn in a completed Washington Center job application in addition to any other required materials listed in the job posting. Click HERE to download.
Job Location: Olympia, Washington
Production Crew Overhire is hired on an ‘as-needed’ basis for staffing large productions at The Center. Overhire will be directed to numerous production opportunities on stage before, during and after a performance.
Kindly send materials, in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format, to:
“The Washington Center Production Crew Overhire” in the subject line
The Washington Center for the Performing Arts
March 3, 2022
PART-TIME ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATOR
The Washington Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an organized, energetic, and service driven Accounting Administrator.
The Accounting Administrator supports the Business Manager in all accounting and human resource functions. They are the lead processor of daily work, accounts payable, payroll and event settlements. The Accounting Admin works closely with the Business Manager to ensure financial activity is recorded properly and timely for month end reporting. This position requires a high attention to detail and strong communication skills. This is a part-time, hourly position which may occasionally require some scheduling flexibility, averaging 20-25 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Balance daily Box Office activity.
• Settle and close out all events.
• Accounts payable processing.
• Gallery sales, concessions and merchandise sales settlement.
• Process semi-monthly payroll.
• Manage employee payroll deductions.
• Work with Box Office staff and Office Manager to establish clear daily sales and money handling procedures.
• Work with Event Services and Office Managers to establish clear concessions and merchandise sales procedures.
• Assist Business Manager with ad hoc reporting of financial information for various departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
1. Problem solving and critical thinking.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Proficient communication skills.
4. Results oriented.
5. Effective multi-tasker.
6. Ability to adapt to shifting project parameters.
7. Ability to prioritize and manage several projects simultaneously
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time, hourly position reporting to the Business Manager. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Due to the nature of our business, occasional weekend and evening hours may be required. We encourage staff to plan their weekly hours appropriately.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent number of years of experience.
2. Three (3) years of accounting related experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Starting rate $21 per hour. Up to 3% SIMPLE IRA match after one year of employment. This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, résumé, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted without prior approval of the candidate.