“If the arts exist to enrich our lives… then The Washington Center’s mission must surely be not only to provide the various art forms but to nurture the pursuit of them in our young people.”
~ Sally Anacker, Former Board President
The Washington Center for the Performing Arts is proud to announce that scholarship applications are being accepted for graduating high school students interested in pursuing a career in the arts. First awarded in 2014, The Washington Center Anacker Scholarship for the Arts recognizes, encourages, and supports a Thurston County Scholar’s study in the field of the arts.
- 2019: Megan Smith, music, Olympia High School
- 2018: Caddie Derby, music, homeschool/NW Christian High School, and
Mackenzie Goff, design, River Ridge High School
- 2017: Henry Nordhorn, music, Olympia High School
- 2016: Heather Moore, music, Tumwater High School
- 2015: Jaysen Geissler, music, Tumwater High School
- 2014: Lian Eytinge, music, Capital High School.
Applicants will have spent one academic year or longer as a resident of Thurston County, be graduating in 2020 as a senior of a Thurston County high school or homeschool, and have enrolled or will be enrolling in a course of study focused on the arts intending to pursue a career in the arts. Applications are due by 5:00 PM April 3, 2020.
To download a printable application, click here.